Monday, December 29, 2008

Things I need to do in 2009

2008 wasnt such a bad year for me, spent the year pregnant, complaining, being a mom to a newborn, cried rivers over the most mundane things (must be all the hormones); starting a new life and trying to redefine myself. I do not make new years' resolutions because I believe that when you decide to change your life, now is as good a time as any. I make my resolutions as I go along but because this time they will coincide with the new year for simplicity sake, I will call them new years resolutions.

My spiritual life has got to be improved; I will do my best to say my five daily prayers on time; fast more; etc, that's between me and my maker, don't want to go into details. . .

I have defined my diet now; no more juice, been drinking gallons while convincing myself that juice is healthy so I'm cutting out juice and soda. From now on, its water and tea until I get close enough to my target weight of 62kg. As for the food; I'm cutting out in between meals, cake and ice cream; will stop eating with hubby so i can have a good idea of what i actually consume and because he is a bad influence on me food wise. I also have this bad habit of eating when i get home from work at about 11:30pm. I do that because it helps me sleep and because I am a good girl with bad habits; I will replace the food with a warm bath, that should relax me enough to put me to sleep.

I will try to work out for an hour every morning; I printed off this exercise routine from yahoo health, have bought myself dumbbells so, I'm good to go. I will also power walk 5 laps around the nearby school field every morning, tummy and strength train after wards.

Even if I don't lose the weight, I will make sure my hair and skin looks nice, never leave the house without eyeliner; try to dress well; sound vain eh? Believe me when I say I've let myself go if I need some vanity to restore my looks then so be it.

Of course plus the regulars, be the best mommy, wife, sister, friend, employee, daughter, in-law, that I possibly can be, so help me God. Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous 2009!

4 comments:

  1. lovely resolutions...and i believe God will help u..all da best

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on ur targets babes...

    Happy new year...May 2009 bring only Goodness, health and all our heart desires...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous31.12.08

    i completely agree with you on not needing to make new year resolutions, and deciding to start NOW to change ur life...
    good luck with all your goals, and have a wonderfully positive 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year and best of luck with the resolutions. For the first time in my life I actually have a few of my own. Keeping my fingers crossed. =)

    ReplyDelete