Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dry skin solutions, anyone?

Okay so in trying to pimp my blog, I messed it up. Bear with me while I look for a solution.

I have to keep reminding myself that its a new year because I had to work the day before and the day after and been working ever since, I miss those 1-3 week breaks I've gotten in past years.

I am working on my exercise and diet. I am yet to lose any weight though. Its annoying cos if I was on a binge now, I would see the weight gain in minutes.

Bobo is changing so rapidly before my very eyes. He used to be this wobbly necked infant and it was relatively easy giving him a bath. Now its a struggle. He is constantly trying to stuff as much soap into his mouth, holds the sponge tightly any chance he gets; and tries to "catch" the water and when he cant catch the water, he holds the container. I end up struggling to hold him still with one hand and soap or rinse him with the other. Speaking of which, if anyone has a solution for dry skin, please share. My baby has skin as dry as a crocodile's. I've bathed him with dove sensitive fragrance free since he was 2 months. That helped a lot. I have no luck with body lotions/creams and petroleum jelly is just too heavy, right now I mix with it water, and cream him morning when I give him a bath and last thing at night before i go to bed. I have also tried eucerin, curel, johnsons baby, aveno baby, palmers cocoa butter, palmers shea butter, baby magic, various baby gels and oils, I have also done the extra virgin olive oil and they either did nothing for him or made him break out in rashes. I need something mild, and I am open to suggestions.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...Me I have oily skin so I dont have a solution...

    Kids grow so very fast...I can just picture you strugling to hold him while bathing him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to say try shea butter but u don try that...

    hmmm...nnot sure you might have to google dry baby skin or so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @test, could not find any jergens product with hypoallergenic and/or fragrance free on it. I watch for those because he tends to break out in rashes.

    @afro, the oil on my face alone could be shared equally among three people and they would appear to have normal skin, dunno where he got dry skin from.

    @aloted, am doing. Thats where I found most of the products I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi love...

    My boy had some dry skin initially but i started using E45 and he's as good as new.

    Any Aqueous cream should do really that the E45, Oilatum, Tesco makes some as well.

    shea butter's also good and natural too!!

    All the best sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey first time here, nice blog with cutie love and family stories. ..i was about to recommend shea butter, try using aloe vera too, helps for smooth skin.

    ReplyDelete