Sunday, May 25, 2008

Am still here!

Been a while, I started a new job and six weeks into it, I'm still trying to adjust. I spent week one getting used to the new schedule and the classlike atmosphere of the training. Being the third oldest in the classroom, I try to act a bit brilliant but I must confess that I'm still working on that. Anyway week one was exhausting and full of jacking.

Week two, I notice even people I didn't know knew me(as in HR and management). Turns out some of my info was wrong and everyone was looking at me wondering how I'd fix it. Well, finally got that fixed and last week was just plain exhausting, getting to know the other trainees. Interesting, wacked, and sometimes clearly crazy people, I might say but, new environment, new gist.

Then came the actual work period and I wanted to quit. I am beginning to get the hang of it sha, getting used to the job, the people, and the company. Maybe I'll even hang some pictures in my cubicle today.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time babes, so how is the job now or did you quit???

    ReplyDelete
  3. pele dear....

    i sure know how that feels... new job, new faces.. and then the angst begins... pele

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ nigeriandramaqueen
    thanx! now, all i need to do is find a way to start selling so i can keep it.

    @afro
    Quit ke??!! In these harsh times? Hmmm, am actively looking for another job sha but, make I still do this one for the time being.

    @tyger
    At first, I was relieved, now I just tire. And when I say some people are wacked, these people can be something. So much competition and back stabbing going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearie, Congrats o
    hope u ve settled in?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. @lg
    Thanx. At least I'm still working on getting the hang of the job but I'm getting very used to the environment.

    @simi speaks
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete